Moseley Hall Hospital – Restoration and adaptation programme
Moseley Hall Hospital is listed grade 2 and dates from the late 18th century where it was originally the home of the Taylor family.
In 1891 it become a children’s Hospital and then from 1948 became under the control of the National Health Service.
As part the phased restoration programme the first phase included the replacement of a major roof light that was deemed beyond repair. In consultation with the Conservation Officer the replacement was designed so that it was an exact match for the existing in terms of style, proportions and pitch.
The proposals also offered an improved thermal and ventilation performance by the introduction of proprietary double glazed units incorporating low E glass with anti sun reflective treatment. Future phased works will continue to include major elements of the external fabric, internal re-planning and the reworking of the Fire Strategy.