The street is a Heritage Regeneration project funded by ERDF and Heritage Lottery Fund.  The street consists of buildings of every generation since the C15th from passageway houses, hall house, Georgian Ribbon factories to 1930’s Reformed Public Houses and Festival of Britain 1950 styles.

PCPT were approached in the late 1990’s to provide architectural advice to arrest the decline and produce proposals for the area based on heritage regeneration, providing repairs to buildings along the street with infill opportunities – offices and 30 town houses, retail, student accommodation , etc.